HOW TO INSTALL CAST-IN ANCHOR CHANNELS
Concrete embeds for high load
Our Hilti HAC anchor channel is a new generation of cast-in anchor system used in concrete structures for reliable load transfers.
- It allows smoother load distribution, easier installation and comes in different lengths.
- Its innovative V-form allows smooth load distribution around the channel profile and helps prevent air pockets and concrete voids underneath the channel.
- Protective foam insert (LDPE) and end caps seal the channel effectively, helping to prevent concrete slurry entering the channel. The end-caps also support the user to install t-bolts in a safe position with offset to the channel-end.
- Foam insert features a tear-out strip for fastest removal ensuring the integrity and high quality of galvanisation (avoiding damage to the galvanisation through use of screw drivers, hammers or gas torches).
- The same t-bolts fit all our Hilti channels HAC-40 to HAC-70.
- HAC-30 is designed to fit the modular Hilti MQ framing system. The MQ framing system can be directly inserted into HAC-30 channels. The use of additional threaded couplers and working time can be avoided. Hilti HAC anchor channels are manufactured in five different standard profiles in lengths up to 5800mm (19 feet).
HILTI HAC CAST-IN CHANNEL – CODE COMPLIANCE
Our Hilti HAC channel anchor is compliant with the most advanced codes and regulations.
Australian technical specifications:
- In accordance with SA TS 101:2015, the state-of-the-art standard for cast-in channel design in Australia.
European codes and regulations:
- Approved by the European Technical Assessment.
- Complies with EOTA TR047, ready for new EN 1992-4, latest state of the art in design code.
- Approved for 2D static and quasi-static loading, fatigue loading, and fire exposure.
US codes and regulations:
- First ICC-ES report for anchor channel systems for all load directions and seismic design categories A-F.
- All sizes of our Hilti HAC-40 to HAC-70 are qualified for seismic loading.
HOW TO DESIGN ANCHOR CHANNEL SYSTEMS
If you need help with design, work with Hilti engineering experts – please contact your local Hilti team.
You can also use our Hilti PROFIS Anchor Channel design software, which
- Allows you to design using our own Hilti design method to create applications beyond international codes, or choose to design according to a wide range of international codes.
- Includes cast-in-place and post-installed anchors
- Links to our Hilti BIM/CAD library
To design mechanical and chemical adhesive anchors, use Hilti PROFIS Anchor software.
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE DESIGN SOFTWARE
PROFIS design software