HOW TO DESIGN ANCHOR FASTENINGS IN MASONRY
Hilti’s ETA approved HIT chemical anchors
Masonry has been used in construction since ancient times, for aqueducts, bridges and castles to industrial and residential buildings.
But until a few years ago, there were no official guidelines to design fastening systems for masonry.
Instead engineers used the recommended loads from anchor suppliers’ technical tables, onsite tests on base materials, engineering judgements and experience.
The European ETAG029 guideline though, has now established a global concept for Qualification, On-site testing and Design of metal injection anchors for use in masonry, allowing for professional and accredited design.
OUR HILTI CHEMICAL ANCHORS FOR MASONRY
At Hilti we’ve developed chemical anchors to inject into masonry.
Our Hilti HIT-HY 270 injection anchor system:
- Allows several embedment depths in hollow and masonry bricks with minimal mortar wastage.
- Is technically approved and can be used on a wide range of base materials, for highest loads, smallest edge and spacing distances, brick joints and plastered walls.
- You can use our Hilti PROFIS Anchor software to design your anchor solutions.
HOW CAN I START TO DESIGN ANCHORS FOR MASONRY
If you need help with design, you can work with our expert Hilti engineers – just contact your local Hilti team.
You can also use our Hilti PROFIS Anchor design software:
- It’s up-to-date with the latest codes and regulations
- Includes a wide range of bricks (ETA approved and additional Hilti tested bricks).
- You can include your site test results in your design
- Links to our Hilti BIM/CAD library
We can also help with onsite testing and evaluation of base materials, training seminars and webinars, technical data and documentation.
OUR ENGINEERING DESIGN SUPPORT
Our expert Hilti design engineers work with our customers all over the world, onsite, online and on the phone. They can help you to create your design. Just contact your local Hilti team for more information.